Ooey Gooey Chocolate Coconut Brownies
So ooey. So gooey. So chocolaty. So coco-nutty.
It's the perfect brownie thanks to a secret ingredient... DUCK EGGS!
Duck eggs make this and many other recipes perfect because they are higher in fat, contain more protein, and have a more flavorful yolk than traditional chicken eggs. This helps to make desserts richer, creamier and fluffier. Top 'em with a tasty frosting and treat yo'self!
The other great thing about these brownies is that you can make them in just 1 saucepan - easy clean up!
prep time: 25 mins | cook time: 25 mins | servings: 12
1 stick unsalted butter
1 cup white sugar
2 duck eggs (whisked)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1/3 cup of milk
1 tsp local honey
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
coconut flakes for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Grease a square baking pan with butter (the deeper the pan, the thicker the brownie)
3. Melt the butter in a medium size saucepan over low heat, remove from heat once fully melted
4. Stir in the sugar, vanilla and cocoa powder and mix until dissolved and creamy
5. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt; slowly mix into the batter
6. Pour the batter into the greased pan once it is smooth and creamy
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes - careful not to over bake, this keeps them gooey!
Make the frosting while the batter is baking!
1. Melt butter in the same saucepan over low heat
2. Whisk in milk and honey, remove from heat
3. Combine sugar and cocoa powder and slowly whisk into mixture
4. Continue to whisk until smooth and creamy
Remove brownies from the oven and slather the frosting over the top while they are still hot.
Sprinkle with more coconut flakes.
Set aside and allow to cool...ok, sneak a little bite...but then let them cool! These get better with time - promise!