Recipes: Tomato Galette
Updated: Oct 28, 2019
A Must Make Medley!
There are THOUSANDS of varieties of tomatoes which makes this recipe is a fantastic way to showcase as many kinds as you would like!
"Galete" is a French term used to describe a round, flat "cake". Typically the crust is flaky and golden so power to ya if you're a dough maker - make away! If not, a store bought crust works well too.
- Dough to form a 9" pie crust
- 2 cups of your favorite tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons (local) honey
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- salt & pepper
- 1 egg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Grease a 9" pie dish with butter
3. Fill bottom layer of the dough with cheese
4. Drizzle cheese with half of the honey
5. Sprinkle tomatoes with salt & pepper
6. Layer tomatoes on top of cheese
7. Scatter sprigs of thyme over the top
8. Fold over the crust to form sides (see left)
9. Brush crust with beaten egg
10. Drizzle again with remainder of honey
11. Bake until golden brown ( ~ 45-60 mins )
12. Eat up!