Very Veggie Pasta Salad
Pasta is another one of my kryptonites so I loaded this recipe with fresh veggies to make me feel a little less guilty about eating ALL OF IT.
This is a great recipe for farmer's market finds or whatever you happen to have leftover.
The veggie choices here can be pretty versatile depending on what you like. Bright and vibrate colors give it a refreshing spring feel.
I especially love the deep purple color of the cabbage. It not only makes it look good but also give a nice crunch.
I recommend equal parts of everything to get a little taste of every ingredient in each bite.
Servings: 8-10 | Prep Time: 25 minutes | Cook time: 8-10 minutes
- 1 box multi colored pasta
- 1 block extra sharp cheddar cheese, diced
- 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup red and yellow peppers, diced
- 1 cup cucumbers, diced
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 1-2 cups of dressing (I prefer Italian)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta per instructions on the box, drain and set aside to cool completely
- Dice, shred and chop all ingredients
- Combine all ingredients and cooled pasta in a large bowl
- Coat with dressing, 1-2 cups depending on how creamy you prefer it to be
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving