Watermelon Mojito Salad
The perfect summer side dish!
This is my absolute go-to side dish to bring to summer cookouts and events. It's refreshing, sweet and zesty and always a crowd pleaser.
You can also make a boozy version simply by adding some rum!
This recipe is super simple - all you need is:
- 1 whole watermelon
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 4 limes, zest and juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Slice and dice the watermelon into cubes
- Coat the watermelon with the lime juice and zest
- Sprinkle with sugar and mix together until well combined
- Add the chopped mint and lightly toss
- Refrigerate and let sit for at least 1 hour
- Adjust to your taste preference by adding more mint or lime